Since working on the build, I'm riding it a little, working out some small bugs, tuning & other stuff to make sure it will perform & work properly when it needs to.
I'm just running on the street in front of the house for now. I ride to Tractor supply, turn around & head back to the house while looking for "traffic" on the road. There's a lot of Highway Patrol, Colfax County Sheriff & City of Raton Po-Po around the area, so I'm trying to stay under the radar for now, literally. I figure they're already busy doing a good job, so why trouble them with trivial stuff like an old bald guy on a mini bike who may or may not be speeding.
Anyway, I'm still working on things & don't want to go out to the long road yet for a top end run, so little by little I keep adjust things, tightening, then run again after a couple of days. I did a run a couple of days ago & noticed that the drive sprocket hub was loose on the axle, along with the brake hub after the run. This was after a 53 mph run (6380 rpm), so I stopped, reset the screws, took things apart & tightened things up again.
Today, I decided it was time to try it again, so I warmed it up & ran again on the same stretch of road. This time things have stayed tight for the run & I upped the rpms a little bit to 7250, which ends up being 63 mph. Little by little it's getting there. There's plenty of braking available still with the disc & twin-piston hydraulic caliper.
I've posted the proposed fix for the loose hubs (yes, they will get loose again) to the jackshaft-axle sub-heading on the forum, so take a look at what I'm going to do when the parts arrive next week. It's a simple fix which should solve the problem on this part of the axle.